Monday, February 10, 2014

My Travel Bucketlist

I am a big fan of travel. My love of all places foreign been instilled by my parents, and even though I'm only a teen, I have experienced some truly amazing places (thanks, Mom and Dad!) Airplanes, while tedious, cannot hold me back from tanning on a beach in Australia or sampling some bolognese in Italy. But you can never have enough travel: here is a list of some more places I would love to visit!
North America:
New England during the Fall: I live on the West Coast, but am born to two die-hard East Coast parents. So I always hear stories about lacrosse games in the fall leaves, and it just paints that sort of happy, all-American picture. Really. I think New England at any time would be stunning.

Charleston, South Carolina: My grandparents live in Savannah, Georgia, and I go there some summers. It is just adorable. I ride my cruiser bike everywhere and feel like wearing Lilly Pulitzer every single second. I imagine Charleston would be the same effect. It's just like a preppy Mecca.

Las Vegas: Yes, I know I'm a high schooler and gambling is illegal for me. But doesn't everyone think about the Vegas lights? It seems so...not exactly glamourous, because I reserve that word for Paris. But it seems so fabulously over-the-top that you can't help but go crazy. What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas...

Baltimore, Maryland: My mom lived here for her high school years, so I would love to see the prep school where she went.

South America:
Galapagos Islands, Ecuador: Holy wildlife. Seriously. I'm the kind of girl who gets excited about seeing a baby animal on TV. And you're telling me that there will be baby seals, right there?

Macchu Piccu, Peru: Ancient civilizations are super cool. No, I'm not kidding! Plus, imagine hiking up that mountain and then finally seeing it peek out from the summit.

Rio de Janiero, Brazil: Rio during Carnival. Or the FIFA tournament. Or the 2016 Olympics. Honestly, Rio has just got it going on right now.

Amazon Rainforest: Ever since I was a little kid, there has just been this fascination about the rainforest. Especially since a lot of it is being cut down, I feel like I need to see it now so I can really understand how spectacular nature is.

Easter Island, Chile: Now, I don't actually know what else I would do here, but come on. Giant head statues? Unbeatable.

Europe:
Croatia: Everyone who's been there says this is like the more touristy European countries, but with less tourists. Plus, check out the beaches!

Santorini, Greece: Maybe I love the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. Or maybe I just think these whitewashed buildings leading down to the water are soo gorgeous.

Spain (the mainland): People in Spain just seem so laidback. The food is amazing, and I'm taking Spanish in school, so it would give me a great chance to practice speaking it!

Ibiza, Spain: I would just love to ride a yacht around this island...ahhh.

Iceland: This country seems so up-and-coming. Take a dip in the natural hot springs while watching the Northern Lights...sign me up!

Moscow, Russia: This city is a fascinating mix of old and new. Those candy-colored turrets juxtaposed against glass skyscrapers...wow.

Berlin, Germany: The history of Berlin is intriguing. Seeing the Berlin Wall would be so powerful.

Belgium: I've fallen in love with their waffles, and I want to see what else the country offers!

The Ice Hotel in Sweden: This is super random, but check this out. So. Darn. Cool.

Prague, Czech Republic: My dad travels here for business a lot, and the central square looks so European and beyond gorgeous.

Ski the Alps in Switzerland: I'm a big skiier, and the combination of the slopes + European sophistication is amazing.

Milan, Italy: Because I've already been to Paris, London, and New York, and Milan is the last stop on my couture tour. Maybe I can visit during Fashion Week?

Monte Carlo, Monaco: Maybe I've watched the Gossip Girl episode with Blair and Chuck in Monaco too much. But it's on the river, and it's like the extravagance of Vegas plus some French glamour.

St. Tropez, France: I just want to sit on the beach and tan.

Amsterdam, Denmark: Amsterdam seems so hip. And all those canals!

Asia
Dubai, United Arab Emirates: I'm not exactly sure why I want to go here, but doesn't it look so futuristic?

Jerusalem, Israel: All the history here would render me speechless.

Taj Mahal, India: Can you say beeyoutiful architecture?

Tokyo, Japan: I'm all about the big-city life, so I would love to experience the hustle-and-bustle of a 14-million person city.

The Great Wall, China: More history! Plus, I would just kind of love to do a cartwheel on the wall...if I could ever learn how.

Mt. Everest, Nepal: Even if I don't climb it, I would just want to bask in the stupendous peak.

Istanbul, Turkey: Has everyone heard that song Istanbul-not-Constantinople? Plus, the big mosque looks spectacular.

Africa:
Egypt: The pyramids at Giza have always fascinated me. Also, I've watched Indiana Jones so much, I feel like I might find some kind of treasure in Cairo.

Wildlife Safari: Now, I'm not really a camper, but I think I'd be willing to rough it in hopes of seeing some zebra, lions, and cheetahs!

Seychelles Islands: Wow. So. Gorgeous. Reminds me of the movie Madagascar! 

Cape Town, South Africa: Something about that it's the southernmost tip of Africa and across the ocean is Antarctica...

Morocco: The colors! The culture! The food! So inspiring.

The Sahara Desert: To see a sandstorm in the Sahara...or just ride a camel through it and search for an oasis (with plenty of water on hand, of course).

South Pacific: (Yes, I know this isn't a continent)
Bora Bora: I love islands, because you can either relax on the beach or go snorkeling and zip-lining.

Fiji: Is the water really good here? It doesn't matter, because it looks pretty!

Maldives: I heard they might sink, and I can't have that happen before I experience them!

Comment below if you have been to any one of these captivating places, or if you have any other ideas for my bucketlist!

No comments:

Post a Comment